Roofing Alliance Requests for Funding Proposals
The Roofing Alliance accepts requests for funding from industry partners, academic institutions, nonprofit organizations, research and consulting firms, and related industry organizations to develop in-depth research, programs, and products on a wide range of industry topics to advance knowledge within the roofing community.
The Roofing Alliance's role is to provide funding and oversight to ensure approved projects are carried out in a manner consistent with the organization’s vision and mission.
Funding proposals should support one or more of the Roofing Alliance’s core values: education and training; technology; sustainability; and/or philanthropy. Proposals should refrain from using any proprietary products, services or materials or advocating an industry position or segment and instead contribute to the betterment of the U.S. roofing industry.
How to apply
Requests for funding are a three-step process:
1/Letters of inquiry
Letters of inquiry should provide a brief explanation about the submitter and project to be supported. If the project aligns with and falls within the Roofing Alliance’s current vision, mission and program of work, a written proposal may be invited. Letters of inquiry should be sent to Alison L. LaValley, CAE, Roofing Alliance executive director, at email@example.com.
: Committed to shaping the roofing industry’s future by protecting communities and being a catalyst for innovation.
: Advancing the roofing industry through education and training, technology, sustainability and philanthropic outreach.
Written proposals are more extensive and should include:
- A thorough description of the project, its objectives and significance, scope of work, deliverable, as well as the qualifications and roles of participants.
- Plan for promoting the finished project and potential revenue sharing opportunities for the Roofing Alliance if applicable.
- Value to the Roofing Alliance and why Roofing Alliance funding is being requested.
- A specific request, project budget and supporting documentation, including a timeline and completion date.
Written proposals should be submitted to Alison L. LaValley, CAE, Roofing Alliance executive director, at
All funding requests will initially be screened by Roofing Alliance staff, but all funding authority rests with the Roofing Alliance board of trustees.
- The board of trustees meets quarterly for all business, including funding requests.
- Every effort will be made to review proposal(s) before the scheduled board meeting, but board consideration may be deferred to gather more information.
- After an initial review and discussion, approved submitters will be invited to share their presentation with the board of trustees at a regularly scheduled meeting.
- Some worthwhile projects may not fall within the Roofing Alliance’s program interests or scope of its annual budget.
- Funding decisions are the responsibility of the Roofing Alliance’s board of trustees and may be modified at the board’s discretion.
- Upon completion of the project or study, the Roofing Alliance will receive a final written report before public reporting or distribution, as well as acknowledgment for its contributions.
To be considered for the next round of funding, letters of inquiry and written proposals must be submitted by
Jan. 1, 2023