The Alliance budget year is from June 1 to May 31. The Alliance considers funding requests on an annual basis at the
Alliance meeting held in April. To be considered for funding, written requests should be submitted to the Alliance's
Executive Director by Jan. 1, 2019.
Alliance Role and Project Criteria:
The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress involves itself in programs that can significantly, and positively, affect the roofing industry at the national level. The Alliance's role is to provide funding for these projects and enough oversight to ensure they are being carried out in a manner consistent with the Alliance's goals.
Programs, projects, studies the Alliance will consider should:
- Be genericthey will not evaluate any proprietary products, services or materials
- Not publicly advocate an industry position. This is seen as a role best left to NRCA and other industry organizations.
- Be broad-based, having value for all segments of the industry whenever possible.
- The project must be seen to have a significant effect on the U.S. roofing industry.
- The project must have value for all segments of the industry, if practical.
- The project must contribute to the improvement of the industry.
- The project should be one best conducted by the Alliance because it is beyond the scope of or otherwise inappropriate for NRCA or another industry organization.
The Alliance Proposal Review Committee (PRC) reviews proposals initially to determine whether the project meets all criteria. The PRC will ask questions or request additional information if needed. If the proposal meets all criteria, it will be included in the funding request summary presented to the Alliance Finance and Financial Development Committee for its review in determining a maximum spending cap. If it does not meet the criteria, the PRC will notify the person(s) submitting the proposal. If it meets criteria, the person(s) submitting the proposal will present their funding request in-person to the Alliance Board of Trustees at the April meeting.
The Alliance Board of Trustees reviews the proposals—taking into consideration the Finance Committee's maximum spending cap—and decides whether to recommend requests to the full Alliance at the April Alliance meeting. If the funding requests are approved by the Board of Trustees, the funding requests are presented in person at the April Alliance meeting for member review and approval. The person(s)/organization submitting the request will be notified within 30 days following the April Alliance meeting whether their funding request was approved.
The written proposals are to include:
- Executive summary/overview of project or research
- Outline of project/research; detailed description/scope of work
- Timeline for project/completion date
- Plan for promoting the end product
- Cost/budget estimates
- Potential revenue sharing opportunities for the Alliance
- Value to the Alliance/why Alliance funding is being requested
- Other groups/organizations that may also be providing funding
- The Alliance is to receive a final, written report/paper before there is any type of public reporting or distribution.
- Project/study results must be published and made available to Alliance members first, then all interested persons.
- The Alliance is to receive credit for funding and be included in all acknowledgements, articles, presentations, etc.
The Roofing Industry Alliance for Progress
10255 W. Higgins, Suite 600
Rosemont, IL 60018-5607